The Purple of Life

She told me to hold on to the purple in my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I'm a 37-year-old editor and city dweller, wife and mother, moderately liberal and radically optimistic. I would fill my perfect day with a cup of coffee and the Op Ed section, a flea market and the playground, a run along Lake Michigan, a walk through the neighborhood with my son and my greyhound, a Cuban dinner and a bottle of red with my husband, and an evening flight to some European city. I wouldn't be picky about which one.

March 10, 2006

Birthday portrait; or, playing with Flickr and Blogger


Birthday portrait
Originally uploaded by strass.
I'm just experimenting with posting photos from Flickr directly to my journal. This week, I've also learned how to allow comments on this journal from anyone, not just people who have Blogger accounts. I'm becoming quite the techie!

So anyway, here's a recent photo, taken on my 30th birthday (January 27). We were getting ready to head out for dinner at my favorite Cuban restaurant, Cafe 28. A great meal, and a great night. I feel pretty good about entering a new decade. Although I did pluck seven gray hairs from the right side of my head this morning.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a beautiful 30 year old you are! Welcome to this wonderful and empowering and deep decade. I will be leaving it soon to enter another! I am full of appreciation and gratitude for all that I have learned and experienced. Your writing is great! Thought i'd leave a comment since I am a non-blogger and can attest to the functioning of your new found techie abilities.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks, Julie, for such a kind comment (and for reading). :)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Brains AND Beauty. You are an amazing woman, Amy. Love the photo and thanks for it. Ah, to be 30 again! In 2 years I will be hitting the big Six-Oh - not sure that that decade will bring, but as long as my dogs and husband are part of it, I'm ok.

Bex

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home